Thursday, August 24, 2023

Republican debate

Last night I watch the Republican debate, the first one of the political season I was quite impressed. All the candidates seem to be well-informed and try to get their point across. They were many things that were left out but all in all it seem like they had their finger on the issues that will be confronting us in the future.

I think the overall winner of the debate was the governor of Florida Ron DeSantis. He answered the questions directly with solutions. For example, when  asked about the drug problem, one of his solutions was to send special military teams into Mexico to deal with the cartels. I think this is the only way you can deal with this problem cut the head of the snake off, the other candidates had satisfactory answers to the questions that were presented to them but I do think that Governor DeSantis stood out above the crowd and I’m looking forward to seeing the next debate and I hope it will cover more topics and not just the ones that they discussed last night.  

No comments: